Good Communication

I'm a dedicated fan of good communication. In fact, it's one of my requirements for doing business with anyone. I've found, in many instances, that poor communication is a giant flag for unethical behavior. It's a poor visual too, guaranteed to tank relations. Poor communication doesn't immediately lend itself to unethical positions, but unethical stances are ALWAYS accompanied by poor communication. If you value the relationship, you will go to extensive lengths to communicate, to legitimize your agenda, to demonstrate honesty and integrity. Where I won't tolerate poor communication, I am even more opposed to unethical behavior. I see no purpose in maintaining relations with anyone who is untrustworthy or demonstrates motivation for self gain at the expense of others. I see it like a stain. Once it's there, it's incredibly difficult not to acknowledge it. It stares back at you, unfit for the setting, not meant to be a part of the whole.

I think people can be better. I think we all need to try harder. There's this constant nagging voice telling us all, 'The children are watching.' So, set the example. Go for strong interpersonal skills and pass that good stuff along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

jewelry making...